2023.4.0 Release Overview
We are pleased to announce the following product improvements in our 2023.4.0 release:
- Edge Observability: Wallaroo Server edge deployments include Edge Observability. Edge deployment inferences and other data are communicated to the Wallaroo Ops instance for pipeline log aggregation and assays.
- Edge Deployment Registry Guide: Set Edge Observability Service
- Wallaroo SDK Essentials Guide: Pipeline Edge Publication: Edge Observability
- Wallaroo MLOps API Essentials Guide: Pipeline Edge Publishing Management: Edge Observability.
- Wallaroo Edge Observability with Classification Financial Models
- Wallaroo Edge Observability with Classification Financial Models through API
- Wallaroo Edge Observability with Wallaroo Assays
- Baseline Import for Assays: Model observability using Wallaroo Assays is enhanced with baseline import. Assay baselines are generated either through date ranges of previous inferences in a Wallaroo pipeline, or by uploading a Numpy array for the assay baseline values.
- Data processing optimization for Computer Vision and Large Language Models (LLMs): Wallaroo model upload and containerization is optimized with new libraries for faster inference performance, especially for computer vision models and LLMs.
- Optimized PyTorch support for Computer Vision (CV) models: PyTorch models uploaded and deployed to a Wallaroo instance are optimized for faster performance.
- GPU support with Wallaroo Containerized Runtimes: Wallaroo Bring Your Own Predict (BYOP) and other Wallaroo Containerized Runtimes support pipeline deployments with GPUs.
- GitHub Codespaces support for Wallaroo Community Edition: Wallaroo Community supports GitHub Codespaces, providing an easier and faster way of using the free Wallaroo Community to learn model deployment and observability.
- Wallaroo Inference Server for Microsoft Azure Free Edition: Wallaroo provides Wallaroo Server Free Edition through the Azure Marketplace. An assortment of computer vision and large language models inference servers are provided with options for x64 and GPU supported virtual machine hosted by Microsoft Azure.
The following items were part of the Wallaroo 2023.3.0 release and are now included as full supported features in 2023.4.0.
Edge Deployment: Wallaroo pipelines and pipeline deployment configurations can be published to Open Container (OCI) Registry services set in the Wallaroo configuration as the Edge Registry service. This allows organizations to retrieve published Wallaroo pipelines and deploy them to Edge devices through Docker, Docker Compose, Helm through Kubernetes, or other OCI compliant systems. See the reference documentation for more details:
Ampere Arm Architecture Support: Wallaroo pipelines can be deployed to x86 or ARM architectures, such as the as Ampere® Altra® Arm-based processor included with the following Azure virtual machines:
This allows organizations to leverage the ARM architecture for energy and cost savings with similar. Using the Ampere AIO Accelerator enables even more efficiency and performance.
See the following reference documentation for more details.
- Create ARM Nodepools for Kubernetes Clusters.
- Wallaroo MLOps API Essentials Guide: Model Upload and Registrations.
- Wallaroo SDK Essentials Guide: Pipeline Deployment Configuration: Architecture Support.
- Wallaroo SDK Essentials Guide: Model Uploads and Registrations.
- Wallaroo Features Tutorials: Wallaroo Pipeline Architecture.