2022.4 Release Overview
With the 2022.4 release, Wallaroo shifts into a quarterly release schedule.
As we continue to iterate on our core capabilities, we are pleased to announce the following product improvements in our 2022.4 (Dec 2022) product release:
- Kubernetes 1.23 Support: Wallaroo version 2022.4 supports Kubernetes Version 1.23. Versions prior to the 2022.4 release do not support Kubernetes 1.23 - please check the prerequisites before installing.
- Model Serving Inference API: Wallaroo allows organizations to serve models managed in Wallaroo through an API connection from either within the Wallaroo instance’s Kubernetes internal environment, or from an external API connection. External inference endpoints must be enabled through the Wallaroo Administrative Dashboard.
- MLOps API: Wallaroo provides a set of Wallaroo MLOps API endpoints, allowing organizations to use API calls through an HTTPS connection to their Wallaroo instance. API users can perform many of the same operations as with the Wallaroo SDK including creating workspaces, administrating users, uploading models, deploying pipelines and performing inferences on deployed pipelines. For more details, see the following guides:
- Public SDK Release: The Wallaroo SDK is now available for installation through the Python SDK for Wallaroo. Organizations can connect their Python programs from their locale systems or other Python environments to their Wallaroo instance with all of the same functionality and capabilities available through the Wallaroo JupyterHub and Python environment.
- SDK Install Guides for local, Google Vertex, and AzureML environments: To help new users implement the Wallaroo SDK in their preferred environments, the following guides are available with more to follow:
- Wallaroo SDK Standard Install Guide: How to install the Wallaroo SDK in a standard Python development environment.
- Wallaroo SDK AzureML Install Guide: How to install the Wallaroo SDK in the AzureML environment and make a connection to a Wallaroo instance through Azure Single Sign-On (SSO) authentication.
- Wallaroo SDK Google Vertex Install Guide: How to install the Wallaroo SDK in the Google Vertex environment and and make a connection to a Wallaroo instance through Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Single Sign-On (SSO) authentication.
- Wallaroo Authentication Configuration Guides: To support users who want to use Single Sign-On (SSO) authentication to their Wallaroo instances, the following new guides demonstrate how to configure identity providers for the following platforms:
- Assay User Interface Updates and Search Filters: The Wallaroo Dashboard interface for creating and managing assays is updated to provide more configuration options. With advance options, grouping options, bin configurations, and other details can be adjusted through the user interface. Once assays are deployed users can search assays by name or filter by Status, or sort by Creation Date or Last Run. This provides organizations the ability to create and manage assays through Wallaroo Pipeline Dashboard, the Wallaroo SDK, and the Wallaroo MLOps API.
- Helm Install: Early access instructions on installing Wallaroo using
helm. These include a standard Kubernetes cloud based install, and reference documents to Helm based values.